Bikey Fun, November 19 - December 9Shift helps other groups and individuals promote their "bike fun" events.
Most of the events in this calendar are not produced by Shift.
- DEAD STREETS RIDE!
Hey PDX Bikers!
Did you know about the wonderfulness of riding on Thanksgiving Day? FYI - Downtown Portland becomes a total Ghost Town with so few cars that it's like no cars exist!
Join us on a ride around the Central City to build up your Hunger for Turkey Day and lets ride!
Scott Batchelar, scottbsmac, FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE, 971-207-5523
- THURSDAY NIGHT RIDE: WE ARE TNR
- BREAKFAST ON THE BRIDGES
- Slingin' free coffee and breakfast goodies for bikers and walkers on the east end of the lower Steel Bridge, west end of the Hawthorne Bridge, and the west side of the Tillikum Bridge under the 99 Red Balloons sculpture. Join us!
Cap'n Croissant, bonblists.riseup, BonB on Shift website
- BIKING ABOUT ARCHITECTURE: BUCKMAN-LADD'S
Crank PDX, 2717 SE Ankeny (pkg lot)11:00am - 1:00pm, meet up 11 AM/rolll out 11:30 AMGive thanks for Biking About Architecture: Buckman-Ladd's Addn! Well meet up at Crank bike shop, then head out on a laid-back tour ( 7 mi) of a nice mix of spectacular historical homes (Victorianorama and Craftsmen galore) and some eye-popping moderns (Harpoon House! Dawg Terrace!) plus a deodesic hendome. So much to see! Non-looping--ends with beer and food somewhere near 12th & Hawthorne-s (bring dinero!).
Jenny, editrixpdxhotmail, https://www.facebook.com/events/1587727517950447
- WINTER WONDERLAND BIKE THE LIGHTS RIDE
Piccolo City Park, SE 28th Ave and SE Clinton St. (meet a half block North of SE Clinton St. on SE 28th Ave.)6:00pmWinter Wonderland Portland has one night each year where the huge holiday light display surrounding Portland International Raceway is open to bicycles only. This 9th annual "Bike the Lights" event is happening in November this year. The bike ride to PIR follows the new 20s Bikeway and other neighborhood greenways and dedicated bike paths to visit the light display, with an optional ride back to the start point (there is also a MAX station across from PIR). Admission is $6.00 at the event (children under 13 are free). We meet at Piccolo Park just off SE Clinton St. at 28th, which is only a half block from the 20s Bikeway. Holiday-decorated bikes are welcome on this ride and at Winter Wonderland!
Tom Howe, nagitpogmail, https://www.facebook.com/events/1651494704925327
- TWOSDAY NIGHT ADVENTURE
- Year-round,Bi-weekly bicycle adventure starting at Irving Park near the bathroom at the top of the hill. Meet at 7pm, roll out at 730. Approximately 10-15 mile ride at a moderate pace. We usually make a half way stop,then we will make one supply stop at a store before the mystery end location. NOT A LOOP. Music, costumes and decorations encouraged.
- FRIENDS OF TREES: PLANT BY BIKE IN SE PORTLAND
- Do you enjoy biking AND trees? Bring your bike and join us to plant more trees around Portland neighborhoods as a volunteer with Friends of Trees! We especially need bike trailers or cargo bikes to haul tree stock and supplies, but it's not required. Just you and your bike is cool too!
To plant, please arrive to the meeting site by 8:45am to enjoy coffee and breakfast treats. The planting starts promptly at 9:00am (noon) and runs until 1pm at the latest. We provide gloves, tools, planting guidance, and a thoughtful bike route and tree map, so all you need to do is show up dressed for the weather and wearing sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
These are the neighborhoods we will be planting in Brooklyn, Buckman, Hosford-Abernethy, and Richmond
Jenny Bedell-Stiles Or Pablo Brito, Volunteerfriendsoftrees, Friends of Trees