Bikey Fun, December 17 - January 6Shift helps other groups and individuals promote their "bike fun" events.
Most of the events in this calendar are not produced by Shift.
- BIKECRAFT DAY 2
- BikeCraft is a cycle-centric, mostly-handmade holiday gift fair. Support bikey folks who are making innovative stuff, from decorations for your bike to handmade bike locks to bike books and t-shirts to bikey baby onesies to coloring books and much more! Today we'll also feature a performance by Olive and Dingo, Portland's bikiest clowns!
Elly, ellymicrocosmpublishing, BikeCraft
- STARKWOOD HOLIDAY LIGHTS RIDE
Clinton City Park, SE Woodward St and SE 57th Ave (meet at SE corner of park by the playground)6:00pmStarkwood is a neighborhood in SE Portland consisting of a dead-end street and three cul-de-sacs. Like Peacock Lane, most of the houses are lit up for the holidays, but this neighborhood has a 1960s vibe given the age of the houses. Round trip distance is 8.5 miles and we will ride through the Stark Street Island on the way there.
Tom Howe, nagitpogmail, https://www.facebook.com/events/854154868085809
- NIGHTHAWK HOLIDAY LIGHTS RIDE
SE Fuller Rd MAX Station, 9608 SE Fuller Rd, Portland, OR 97201 (meet at the Waving Post kinetic sculpture)6:00pmNighthawk Alarm Services is a company in Carver, a small town just past Clackamas. It is also the most over-the-top holiday decorated establishment in the entire Portland area. Lights and displays cover the entire business ground to rooftop and there are even machines spewing out real snow. On the way there we will ride through Summit Ct, which is affectionately called the Clackamas Peacock Lane for all the decorated houses along the street. Round-trip distance there and back to the MAX station is 14 miles.
Tom Howe, nagitpogmail, https://www.facebook.com/events/524608424559271
- TWOSDAY NIGHT ADVENTURE
- Year-round,Bi-weekly bicycle adventure starting at Irving Park near the bathroom at the top of the hill. Meet at 7pm, roll out at 730. Approximately 10-15 mile ride at a moderate pace. We usually make a half way stop,then we will make one supply stop at a store before the mystery end location. NOT A LOOP. Music, costumes and decorations encouraged.
- BREAKFAST ON THE BRIDGES
- Slingin' free coffee and breakfast goodies for bikers and walkers on the east end of the lower Steel Bridge, west end of the Hawthorne Bridge, and the west side of the Tillikum Bridge under the 99 Red Balloons sculpture. Join us!
Cap'n Croissant, bonblists.riseup, BonB on Shift website
- FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR
Morrison Bridge, 0 SW Morrison St (meet under the West side of the bridge)11:45pmPortland has had the First Run for many years, and now theres a First Ride event! We will meet underneath the Morrison Bridge a short ways past the start of the foot race, and cheer the runners on as they get going at exactly 12 midnight. After a few minutes we head out on a parallel path that never interferes with the runners we ride Naito while they run the waterfront path; we ride the top deck of the Steel Bridge while they run the lower deck path; we ride Water Ave. while they run the Eastbank Esplanade. Things will be quite festive around One World Trade Center, but this bike ride is not affiliated with First Run and will not be using any of their facilities.
Tom Howe, nagitpogmail, https://www.facebook.com/events/378221485924466